Beaufort EMS, Inc.
Home
About Us
Apparatus
Personnel
Call Breakdown
Contact Us
Employment
Media
Announcements
Calendar
Member E-Mail Login
      Beaufort Rescue Squad was created in the late 50's and was incorporated March 4th, 1961 at a local Phillips 66 station in Beaufort by a group of 11 men. It is one of the oldest, if not the oldest squad in Carteret County. T.V. Woolard was elected as the squad's first chief. Some of the included locations for meetings include the Phillips 66 station, the Ann Street Barber Shop and the American Legion Building. On April 18th, 1961 the squad leased its first vehicle, a Greenbriar Wagon for $400.00. The first 'district' included the eastern part of Carteret County all the way to Cedar Island. Locations of operations include the original Fire Department, the building of the current Police Department and now currently located on West Beaufort Road, inside the city limits.
      Over the years the squad has had a collection of vehicles, just to name a few, including a 1977 Dodge van ambulance, a 1985 Ford van ambulance, a 1986 Ford modular unit used for vehicle wrecks, a Rescue boat, 1986 Suburban for first responders and a few others.
      Beaufort EMS handles on average over 1500 calls including ALS, BLS, motor vehicle accidents, stand bys, and simple community assists. The Squad currently operates with 3 ALS ambulances, 1 ALS QRV(Quick Response Vehicle), and a Chief's ALS command vehicle. Beaufort EMS operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year with 3 people per shift and a roster of volunteers who help.